• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volcano 6+ fan died =(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

POL-tec2002

well, today i was looking in side my computer (window). I noticed that my cpu fan wasnt working. So i turned off my computer and took a look at the fan. It looked normal and i pluged it in again and nothing. Then i pluged it in the other connector i have on my mobo and it worked. But then again it stoped what could be the problem....?!?!? Could it be the mobo not sending power to the connectors?!? Any way to test that?!?

Also I think that its time for a new cpu cooler witch would u reccomend under $25??.

EDIT*I tryed to connect another cpu fan but i got the same problem....i think my mother board is messed up.....what should i do?!?!?! its a Abit vh6-T. If i sent it to abit would they replace it??!!??....idk what to do help me.. every thing else works fine exept this...:madd:

Last edited:
Well you could always convert it to plug into one of the molex connectors from you P/S .

I think it's time for you to upgrade. A celeron and SD ram just won't cut it anymore.

Dont feel too bad i have the same problem (celeron,sdram,etc) and iv been lookin to upgrade latley. What I have been lookin at has been the biostar m7ncd pro ($85) at newegg.com and a 2500+ barton cpu ($100) from newegg also and as for memory im not too sure. For around $250 you could prolly have a pretty nice running system that's not too expensive.

The 3 pin connects can only take so much. Just get a 3 pin to 4 pin connector and plug it directly up to your PSU. I have been doing this since my 3pin quit working quite some time ago and everything is great.

Back