• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Polarized fan filters?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Today my step dad picked up a polarized AC filter, and we had to cut it down to fit. My alergies cleared up within minutes. I was thinking, because we had so much left, I could use it as fan filters in my computer. He smokes, so he did some testing, blowing smoke in one side, and no smoke came out the other. Its 1/4 inch thick. It also has almost no flow resistance. What does everyone think?

If there were such a thing, I think it would be a great idea. Even a little flow resistance would be acceptable for me. Give it a try.

I would do it, I use standard a/c filters now and they work great. I would be curious to see how it works, btw how much did one cost and where did u get it?

i was jsut thinknig about that the other day. went online to look at prices and they were a few hundred dolars so i stayed far far away. i realy wanted to do it thoguh bc it makes barly no noise.

Back