• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ahhhhhhh CRAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nico3k

so i was playing some quake3 on lan... and without knowing i shut off my radiator fans by hitting the rheobus switches with my knee. Within 10 minutes my CPU temp hits 60+; and my MBProbe alarm didnt go off because i disabled it the day before (my room temp was always 100 degrees F+ and my cpu was overheating because of summer heat). My 600gph eheim pump wasnt made for such hot water temprature so one of the big fat capacitors inside the pump burst, causing battery acid to leak into the cooling system. The acid circulated fast and started eating away at the tubing and poly/plasic parts. 10 minutes after that my reservoir cracked in many places because of the hot water and acid. Water leaked down all over the system onto motherboard, cpu etc... Q3 started lagging really bad (20FPS) and thats when i looked at the computer and noticed the fans were off. I instantly unplugged whole system and ran for toilet paper to clean everything up.

Thats where i am right now pretty much i got the computer in many parts, cleaning it up and scrating off the water which has become solid from the acid. Looks like my W/C system needs to be rebuilt from scratch. The tubes are a dark orange and have big buildup in places and i have a bad feeling about how watertight the maze3 will be now. BIX radiator flow is really bad there must be some kind of buildup in there too.
I just tested the motherboard and everything seems to be working still. This is the 4th time my mobo has been water-abused and it lives on!

all i can say is keep your CPU temp alarms on and enable your motherboards auto-shutdown feature everyone. I WISH my CPU was just fried because that would be much cheaper than replacing my whole WC system.

I will post pics of the mess when im back up and running. The computer im on right now doesnt have USB so i cant upload pictures.

-Nico3k

Geez you're pretty lucky I'd say. You could still have fun making a new system still by improving it in aireas that it was weak in. good luck.

You are one Lucky son of a Overclocker!!

Man if that was me I would have fried the MB for sure.

my motherboard shut off dont work i got board so i disabled my case fans got into windows started playing movies and mini games to crank the cpu usage up to 100% then shut down the cpu fan let it get up to 65°c and still no shut down or no slowing down when i have my shut off at 60°c ummmmmmm any ideas apart for saying im stupid to test it out ?

Lol I like how everyone says he is lucky, a lucky person wouldn't have had this happen to them, lol.

That sucks though. Sounds like a halacious mess.

heheh. its an iwill xp333-r. not the best stock performance wise... but its a good overclocker and the most robust beast ive ever seen... its been through alot.

www.nico3k.0catch.com/poof/poof.htm theres some pics for anyone thats interested

20 Meg Limit Exceeded!

This site has exceeded its limit of 20 MB of transfer per day. The account can be upgraded to a paid account to increase the transfer limit to 3 Gigs of transfer per month in your 0catch.com user tools section.

I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.

Back