• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP won't install on my nf7-s!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMan0234

I just got my new setup, nf7-s aeroflow and dlt3c 1700+. It refuses to get all the way through an XP install, i first tried a repair from my old mobo and chip, didnt work, formatted and tried to reinstall, didnt work. I have no idea what to do. Can someone please help me???

try putting the speed to stock, or even under stock speed...or maybe its a bad version of winXP

Maybe a bad cd, maybe a bad cdrom drive, maybe bad ram. Yes, bad ram, I did have that problem a few times where the computer would boot and go halfway through install and then get all messed up.

If you have had a problem installing XP, try to install with your system set to a minimum...

CPU at STOCK SPEED

One hard drive (or raid array)

One optical drive

one stick of ram (even on the nf7)

Video card only...No network, sound, modem, etc...

Once XP is installed then you can add the other components back in.

everything is at stock, and i just got my ram tested at a computer show, it's fine. i will try stripping my computer of unnecessary parts. any other suggestions would sure help.

Graphic67: Thank you sooooo much! I took out mymodem an soundcard and it went straight through setup no problem! Thanks again, as always these forums save my ***

SuperMan0234 said:
i just got my ram tested at a computer show

That dosen't really mean all that much. The ram I had that was messed up tested fine, but then wasn't stable while in windows, so beware of those tests. Just a little heads up. Glad you got your computer working!!!!

Thanks, ill do that. Again thanks to everyone for their help, you guys are the best.

Back