• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

I have a MSI K7T266 Pro.

Ok, I remounted my waterblock on my CPU because temps were abit higher. I have been mounting springless, and now I think I tightend it down abit too much. On boot my LEDs tell me it's a CPU problem. So I try my CPU in another mobo and it works fine. So now I'm thinking it's the mobo. Do any of these possibilities make sense?:
1) Could the socket be damaged by overtightening my WB?
2) There are some small "things" where two of my washers go (on the front side). Could I have done something to those?
3) Or maybe I bent the mobo alittle w/ the tightening, and something happened w/ that.

What could be causing this? I can't find any reason why it shouldn't boot.

I didn't torque the heck out of it. I turned right untill I started to feel resistance, then about another 3/4 turn.

What should I try or look at. I want to make sure my mobo is actualy broken. But I'm kinda happy I can buy a NF7-S now!

Last edited:
Back