• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What huh??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyranos

Alrighty this is the system:

AMD XP2100 tb
corsair xms pc3200 c2 512mb
wd 60 gig hdd
wd 10 gig hdd
radeon 9700 pro
epox 8RDA+
Antec 350w psu

I was at 2.3ghz, but it ran pretty hot as the volcano hsf sucks. So I lowered it back to what I had it at, which was 13x 166 (2.17ghz). In windows I noticed MBM still showed the temps as ~52c. Apparently, even though I changed everything back to usual in the bios, it kept the vcore at 1.88v. I went into the bios to check, and it showed 1.77. I went through a few reboots but mbm still showed vcore at 1.88, as did the POST screen. I set the bios settings to default optimal. This did the trick, but it wouldn't get into windows for some reason. On the 3rd reboot, the comp made a wierd soft whine noise, from low freq to high. Then it shut off. Pressing the power button would not cycle it at all. Seemed like a power failure. I pulled all the cords and the cmos battery and went to eat dinner. Put the battery back in, as well as the keyboard, power, and monitor cables. First two boot attempts said CMOS check sum error. I also noticed that the cpu fan rpm was only 1700rpm. I'm at stock speeds and in windows now, and wonderin what the heck is going on. I haven't upgraded the bios btw, as it didn't really have any problems up until now. As of this moment, while typing this, the board LED says FF. Not sure if thats normal..

MBM shows:

+3.3= 2.64
+5v= 4.94
+12v=12.10
-12v= -13.01
-5v= -5.09
cpu fan rpm= 1737

Last edited:
Flashed the bios to the current version and now it won't boot again. The comp turns on, but no monitor. Also has the anoying beep. HI LO HI LO, and another strange beeeeep pause beeeeep pause etc. ERROR LED reads c1. grr Clearing the cmos through jumper, battery +unplugged power, isn't doing anything. Put my ram in the other slots, still the same thing. Did my bios decide to die on me?

Last edited:
Back