• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KT333 Dragon Plat. Ultra + PC3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

KT333 Dragon Plat. Ultra + PC3000?

2x 256MB PC3000 (HyperX blue)
Pally 2000+ @ 100MHz FSB (after resetting cmos)

The damn thing wont start. I kept getting memory error post beeps. Then I pulled out the second stick. Cool... it posted. Checked temps to make sure they were all right... and.... bam... froze.

So I cycled the power on and off. When it turned on, I got the post beeps (continuous short beeps). Memory error.

So I reset the cmos and tried everything- and I can't get this ram to work.

I thought that this HyperX PC3000 would work in a KT333 mobo... am I wrong? Isn't all new ram backward compatible. Grrr...

I'm going to throw in my el-cheapo 256MB PNY PC2100 and see if it will post... until then, will someone please help me out?

EDIT: RMA'd mobo- blown cap.

Last edited:
Ok, it's happening on all my ram. Beeep beeep beeep beeep beeep......

This is driving me nuts. There are no leaks, and there should be no reason why my board is doing this. I reset the cmos, swapped around the ram everywhere. Temps are fine. Everything is stock.

I'm going to strip the board one piece by piece to pinpoint the problem. I really don't need this right now!!! :mad:

try inserting it hard, almost till it breaks the board ddr is hard to install. i have the geil gold dragon,led lights up when its in right

Back