• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent!!! Pump Relay Switch Instructions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That looks like the Swiftech relay. I have one of those, and they have good directions for those online.

Go here , and look under Liquid Cooling Products/8500 Series Cooling Kits, then over on the right find the Installation Guide, which is a .pdf file.

Scroll down a bit and the instructions for installing the relay will be there.

I think it is different. I downloaded those instructions but that it looks like has a wire that goes over every prong. I only have one wire, and then I have a molex connector. Is that what you had?

Yes.
There is only one wire coming from the relay itself (the thing with the molex) that attaches to the L prong of the socket tabs. The other wires come from the pump cord.
Look carefully at the diagram again, and you'll see what I mean.

I bought a set of crimp-on quick connects at Radio Shack (like the one on the relay wire) to make the pump wires easier to attach and look a bit more professional.
And I also chickened out on cutting the cord to my brand-new Eheim 1250. I plugged it into a cheap powerstrip, and cut the powerstrip cord for my relay wiring ;) .

Back