• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

not sure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ashenfang

The Jet Man!
where to post this, but i have a general question. Mods, please move this if you can find a spot for it.

I have Nero burning Rom, and I am trying to make a back up copy of some of my software (its mine, and yes i bought it) but i can't figure out the correct procedure to do it. I only have 1 CDrom (cdwriter) If anyone could I would appreciate some instructions. I did figure out how to make an image, but that doesn't make an exact copy of the disk, just a .ngr, or .iso. I would appreciate it, thanks!

An nrg or iso is like a zip of the disc, it keeps all of the coding intact etc. When in Nero go to File > Burn Image, select the nrg/iso and burn it. That will burn an exact copy of the CD you made into an nrg/iso.

Hope this has helped :}

Many CD's have copy protection to keep you from giving copies to all your friends. Unfortunately, this also prevents backups. I know that there are ways around many of these, but I don't know what they are.

Even if I did know, discussing them is forbidden in these forums. If you want to know, look elsewhere. Otherwise, you risk being banned, or even worse, getting the forums shut down.

Back