• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ rev2 at newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it is it has working Vdd adjustment and it will say Rev 2.0 on it in white letters

you can also check, i think, the bottom left hand corner of the board. it should say rev 1.x or rev 2.x

Damandre said:
I got mine last wed... Atleast I think it's rev 2.

welcometotheforums.JPG

2 people have it over at xtreme. I can't wait to see oc results. I am trying to decide between this or an nf7-s. I bought an nf7-s, but it was doa so i am not sure which i want.

I think i might get the epox due to my great experience with them. I have an 8k3a+ here and I am stable at 2317(210*11) with a 1700tbredB, that is pretty good if you ask me, especially without the pci/agp lock which i think is limitiing my oc. btw this is with a crappy scratched ax7 and tornado.

The Rev. 2.0 definitely says 'Rev. 2.0' on the label. It supports DDR400 and has a passive heatsink on the SB. It uses the MCP-T2, I think (I'm not all that much an expert on the board).

I picked one up 3 weeks ago here in Japan but have not tested it. I have gotten to 220, 2-2-2-5 on a Rev. 1.1, so this one is promising. The manual mentions nothing about adjustable VCC, though.

Funny thing is here in Japan, it is dirt cheap: $75, cheaper than the 8RDA+ ($110) and 8RDA+3 ($120). Not sure why. It almost seems as if Epox threw it out as an afterthought. And only a few stores carry it.

Someone from xtreme said they got theres to like 235 on 1.7vdd i think... It looks like it might be an nf-7 killer:)

Hmmm, couldn't have been 1.7 VCC, I think it goes to 1.8 and 2.0. One guy said 2.0 didn't help much. I also got an NF7-S and I found I didn't even need 1.7 until I got over 220-225. I maxed out at 228 at 1.7 on that board. Your ram has a lot to do with it. I am using Corsair XMS3500 C2.

2 people have it over at xtreme. I can't wait to see oc results. I am trying to decide between this or an nf7-s. I bought an nf7-s, but it was doa so i am not sure which i want.

The NF7-S, Rev. 2.0 is a better board as it is totally trouble-free. I could run 228-230, 2-2-2-5 out of the box with no mods whatsoever. On the 8RDA+, I cannot use the 10.5 and 10.0 multis. Fortunately, 11x is enough for me to hit 2400+ with an XP2100 and XP1700. There is also a well-known problem with the IOMEGA 250Zip drive with the Epox. The NF7-S also goes up to 2.9 VDIMM, which is actually 2.96 volts. I really didn't need 2.9 until I got above 225 fsb with my Corsair.

The only problem people seem to have with the rev2 is voltage fluctuation, which is being fixed with better caps or plugs(not sure) on a rev 2.1. I think I am going to get a 2.1 when people start getting them from newegg. Who wants to spen well over $100 on an nf7-s, that is more money than a vastly superior p4 board (is7-e=$99). I think I will just wait for now until the 2.1 when that is going to clearly be the best mobo :D.

Yeah im hoping to get one of these, only if is a C1, I think I just may bite the bullet and order one simply because I dont feel like volt modding my kx7333 at all and I want to see how high I can get my tbred a to go (Yeah thats right laugh away)

Maybe later on during the summer ill order myself a guaranteed tbred B.

Re: ...

gouda96 said:
The only problem people seem to have with the rev2 is voltage fluctuation, which is being fixed with better caps or plugs(not sure) on a rev 2.1. I think I am going to get a 2.1 when people start getting them from newegg. Who wants to spen well over $100 on an nf7-s, that is more money than a vastly superior p4 board (is7-e=$99). I think I will just wait for now until the 2.1 when that is going to clearly be the best mobo :D.

There's going to be a 2.1? Are you talkin about the Abit or Epox? The Epox 2.0 seems very elusive. I've heard that some people saw some at Fry's though.

alot of people have gotten epox 8rda+ rev2's from newegg. The only complaint that i have seen is that it has pretty bad voltage fluctuation, which will be fixed in a rev2.1 which has already shown up in asia. When/if the 2.1's hit newegg I might get them, but right now it seems like the nf7-s rev2 still has a realy small edge, but the price is too high for the nf7-s, I have seen them for like $100 I think, but did not pay attention to it, and I now wish i did. If I can find where i saw the cheap nf7-s rev2 i will get it, but i think it was a sale, if not for price reasons I will probably pick up an 8rda+ rev2 from newegg.

I'm about to buy this board today, from Newegg. Do yall think I should check with them to see if it's a Rev. 2.0, or should I just buy it?

BTW, this is replacing my Gigabyte 7VRXP.

Back