• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Zalman CNPS-7000Cu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr. Cornell

Has anyone run the Zalman CNPS-7000Cu without the rheostat attached, i.e. just plugged the fan directly into the fan power connector on the mobo? Is this a good idea? I have the fan plugged directly into the mobo at the moment, and it looks like when it's plugged directly this way it spins at about 2600rpm instead of 2400rpm when it's plugged into the rheostat and the rheostat is at the highest setting. Am I at risk for burning the fan motor out prematurely? Or is this OK, if a bit louder? Thanks.

the rheostat doesnt give it the full 12 volts that the mobo header does.

Thats weird. I have the rheostat on high and its going at 2885rpm. Got my results from SANDRA. Where'd you get them?

And (since im lazy and dont to want to use your program to check) check how much rpm you got from SANDRA.

i dont use the rheostat, that was just what i figured since thats the fans spec while using it turned up all the way :)

My bare wires are wired to a rheobus in which i flip it from 5v to 12v depending on the situation.

Back