• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quick question, does this sound right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

1700 tb-b
SK7 lapped with 600 grain paper
ceramique
1.66 volts

and its running at 32C at somewhat idle. does that sound right? seems a bit low. the main reason why i ask is because my NB and case temps are around 39C. Now i know that the cpu cant be cooler than the case, but i was wondering if maybe it was a bad reading or maybe the case temp sensor is next to the mosfets or something.

btw its a gigabyte 7vaxp. if anyone else has this have you experianced temp misreadings?

No...an air sink will never run as cool as the air around it. The HS would actualy heat up the CPU if the case temp was higher, your sensor must be off

well thats what i was saying, the sensor might be near some hot spot on the board. mosfets, nb (cause its almost identical temps all the time), ram.

btw i have a tornado on it. 80 mm

you could always get a comp u nurse or something and get better readings and where you want them as well their only about $15 online

Hmmm...MBM5 with Giga-Byte sensors are not very far off. Are you using MBM5 and are you using the LM-90 sensors?

what does bios say? and does it match mbm? if not, you may need to adjust your mbm settings for temp....

what does bios say? and does it match mbm? if not, you may need to adjust your mbm settings for temp....

I have checked like 3 times. I know the MBM sensor for the CPU is the CPU cause its the only one that is way different than the rest. Now the case and NB temps im PRETTY sure are correct (at least in the sensor way of looking at it). The only reason that im not exactly sure is cause they are very close.

Hmmm...MBM5 with Giga-Byte sensors are not very far off. Are you using MBM5 and are you using the LM-90 sensors?

Yeah i know! I never thought they would be off. I was quite surprised when my friend suggested it cause it just diddnt seem like gigabyte to me. Yes, im using the LM-90 sensors. The configuration they have at MBMs site is wrong. They post a sensor that isnt listed on my board(or mbm doesnt find it..). What sensors are you using? Im using teh lm90 local for the CPU temp, the remote for the case temp, and the SIDwhatever -1 on the NB.

you could always get a comp u nurse or something and get better readings and where you want them as well their only about $15 online

I was really thinkin of doing that. More of a later resort though. I dont wanna buy anything else!! Especially after my modding project is already finnished... hmmm i should post pics.

Well thanks guys for all the info. Greatly appreciated.

Back