• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA Raid on P4C800e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chunksta

Hello all,
Sorry if this is a repost but i couldnt find anything like this when i searched.
I am planning on getting an Asus P4C800e mobo and installing dual raptors in a RAID 0 configuration. Does the Promise Chip offer better performance than the RAID run by the southbridge?
If so, would it be worth it to just save some money and go for the lower P4C800 model because that has the same promise chip?

Also, how has performance on sata RAID been on the rival Abit IC7(g) boards?

Thanx in advance
Chunksta

The Asus p4c800 is better then abit ic7-g in terms of benchmarks. The ICh5r is superior then the Promise Raid SATA because it uses the PCI bus to transfer information to the chip. The ICh5r is its own chip and will not interfere much with the PCI bus. SO i recommend u goin with the Asus P4c800-e instead of the P4c800. I have P4c800-e and it is quite better then the Abit Ic7-G, had zero problems when switching my Raid setup from the ic7-G to the P4c800-e. Pure as silk this board is.

Back