• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EZTune 4 - Temp Sensor and Other Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpochofEntropy

Registered
I have a GA-7VRXP Rev2, running an AthlonXP 2100+ Palomino (266Mhz FSB), with PC2700. Okay now that that is over.....

Does EZTune use the LM90 remote sensor if is possible? Right now it detects that I am running at 48C with a 42C ambient at idle, using a Vantec CCK6046(?-not sure exactly what model number) This question is primarily geared for my future Barton 2500+ upgrade.

I can understand why I can't tweak the AGP settings, because of my antiquated video card, but why don't I get the option to tweak my memory? Those little bubbly things stay closed. Is it just that my motherboard doesn't support it (dugh?) or that my hardware doesn't? It seems unlikely, and having that functionality would be great. Yes, I am in advanced mode. Both of those little bubbles are covered up. Maybe pressing up up down down left right left right b a select start would do something.....

Just shooting in the dark....

The VRXP is not fully supported by EasyTune so that why its not working, go into the BIOS and change the memory timings there.
As for your upgrade to a Barton, be careful as the 333Bus CPU's are not supported by the VRXP and although possible to OC the mobo to a FSB of 166 its a pain and a routine is needed. Another thing is that some people have had AGP probs when OCing with a Barton, others run OK and have no problems but need to do the routine, while others run OK without the routine.
Hood

Are you sure a 333 bus (166Mhz actually) isn't supported? I have a KT333 chipset, and the option is there in BIOS.

Is it just 'fuzzy' support, where the option is there but it'll never work anyways?

EDIITED: btw, I forgot to put the 7 on there. It's a 7VRXP. sorry if this adds confusion.

Unless its the Rev 3 VRXP then it only officially supports 266FSB CPU's. If you do the Routine you will be able to get the FSB higher, I had mine as far as 190 or so 100% stable with a T/Bred. The Bartons seem to be a bit different though, some people can set the FSB to 166 or more and it stays that way even after a cold boot and all runs OK. Some can get the 166 OK but their AGP plays up, others have to do the routine each time they cold boot.
Hood

BTW you could unlock your Pally ,do the wire trick, drop the multi to 10.5x and get the FSB up to about 184 or more.
Hood

I just checked out Gigabyte's web site, and the 2500+ Barton is not listed as a supported processor, but the 2600+ and a few other higher ones are. They say the FSB is 333Mhz.

I wrote them a letter using the feedback form, and hopefully they will address this issue.

If you look HERE you will see that the 2700+, 2800+ etc are N/A.
As I said this is official support and it is possible to run your CPU at 166FSB but its not implemented well.
Hood

Hood,

I'm sure you've tried this before with the 7VRXP, so I'll ask your advice for what my next step should be.

Potentially move up to a new nForce2 chipset?
EDIT: I was thinking about the GA-7NNXP.

I was hoping the processor upgrade would be a cheap $100 kick in the pants, but now it seems that it may not be all the glitter I wanted.

Last edited:
Nevermind, none of Gigabytes new nForce2 boards have holes to mount coolors... Grrr.

Gigabyte seemed so great until I tried to get into perfomance tuning.

Back