• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Placing the Asus A7V8X northbridge heatsink onto the NF7-S's northbridge?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JohnMK

Registered
Do you think it'll work? Also, how much performance is lost by running the nForce2 chipsets in single-channel memory mode? I just have one stick of PC3200 SDRAM. Thank you for your wisdom guys, it's always appreciated.

A7V8X picture:
13-131-424-06.JPG

Abit NF7-S:
13-127-143-14.JPG

that heatsink might not fit properly, there's not much clearence around the south bridge.

after messing with different ram speeds on the Nforce2 chipset i'd have to say that slower ram (PC2100/PC2700) benifits from dual channel more then PC3200 and up does. my cousin is using two sticks of PC2100 in his A7N8X and his memory benchmarks are not that far behind mine even though i'm running overclocked PC3200 (i used the same timings he did to compare more accurately). there is a difference when running PC3200 in dual channel but it's not very noticable.

the heatsink will probably fit (he was talking about the northbridge, pay attention dude) but the performance will be behind the stock on the NF7-S i think

The NF7-S doesn't even have what I would call a heatsink on its northbridge. More like a fan-retainer. :p

Back