• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOT coils and mosfet's nf7-s 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v8vega350

i was reading another post and it said the mosfets only get to 38c HAHA they are hot enough to burn me 90c and still climbing

as far as the coils they are sitting @ 91c yes almost boiling and still rising (loaded) with an open case

this is the vcore power stuff

is this supposed to happen this bad when your overclocking these boards

has anyone else taken there temps on theirs by chance

i am seeing these die an early death

speaking of which i just finished 30 minutes ago of putting copper heatsinks on all my mosfets
i got coolmaster copper ram heatsinks that attach to each individual ic and i used my trusty dremel to cut to the right sizes and stuck em on

Thats a great idea. v8vega350, why not put some ramsinks on your mofsets and the coils and all that junk. It will bring the temps down significantly and you won't have anything to worry about.

but i am just wondering if this is happening to others as well getting this hot

i just put an old kr7a northbridge cooler on my southbridge but that will now be done to i think ill use an old pentium cooler or somthing

Umm, I don't think you want to try putting heatsinks on the coils, unless you want sparks to fly. ;) The only thing you could really do would be to have a small fan blowing over them. I modded my mosfets last night:

mosfets.JPG

Yes, it's normal for them to get super hot with highish Vcore.. i would heatsink them.

ok good i am only running 1.95vcore but the bios is 2.06

btw coils leave inprints on fingers after being on alot longer :)

ihave a 120mm fan over top of my CPU mounted in my side panel. i used it as my primary fan for the CPU in the winter with a duct but since summer came i had to throw my noisey 40CFM sunon on the sink.

my board is rediculously stable with 1.85 vcore in bios. i think my big fan is taking care of some of the heat there for me. you guys may wanna try that.

man all amd need to do is rotate the cpu socket and separate the resistors, so the hsf exhaust air can blow over the mosfets

Fever said:
after looking at your pic i decided to modify the heatsinks i made and now i will make just 1 large one with some spots cut out for the capacitors . i have the perfect HS for it ( aluminum stock one from amd that due to the design will be perfect. after i cut it out i can take a pic and someone can host it for me =)

amsties said:
man all amd need to do is rotate the cpu socket and separate the resistors, so the hsf exhaust air can blow over the mosfets

thats not amds fault - its abit's. my ecs k7s5a has the cpu rotated in that way.

Last edited:
Back