• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seem too good to be true

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twister

Today I went to the computer show in Pomona Ca. I was hoping to find a rev 2.0 Epox 8rda+ or the Abit NF7-S rev2.0.v No luck at all on the EPOX, even the older version. Saw a couple of the early versions of the Abit's NF7's. Then I came across a guy with an ABIT NF7-S rev 2.0 with a price of $ 81.00 on it. I'm thinking mismarked price, older version, or one only refurb. I open the box and there it is. The stickers on the board say its a rev 2.0 ? The skeptic in me is still on full alert ! I borrow a magnafying glass from the next booth. No marks on the HSF mounting lugs ? Well with still arched eyebrows, we agreed to $80 out the door. I figured if it didn't work the show would still be there tomorrow or RMA to ABIT.

Well, got home and wanted to get right to it, but wifey reminded me of the dinner and movie I promised :eek:

Ok, back home , tore down the system in the signature, grabbed a fresh 30g from the stash , crossed my fingers ,legs , and eyes.

Got a beep, got a post screen:) load optimized defaults and start loading XP pro. Fired up my other system to look here for tips on this new board. I looked back and was amazed at the speed the OP system was loading ! Installed WCPUID and Sandra then went straight to 200x10 with the tighest memory settings. I know where the cpu ceiling is, I wanted to see what this Nforce board and Buffalo mem would do. Anyway, The setup without cracking the back on the manual or getting to the tips is doing 11x217:p

THE BEST $80 BUCKS I'VE SPENT ON COMPUTER PARTS !!

I can SEE the difference on this upgrade.

I'm going to read the tweaks you guys have posted, Theres more room left. Right off the bat I can tell better cooling is needed on the NB & SB. I took off the heatsink and saw the dab of compound wasn't making full contact on the concaved chip !

Think I go back to the Show today and pickup one more of these boards for the 1700 B in this other computer :cool:

He had 5 more on the shelf !!

Damn, and it's an NF7-S not just an NF-7. I wish you could pick up one for me? My POS mobo finally gave out (my fault I think). Congrats on the GREAT find!

Back