• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prob. W/ flashing Abit IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_shell

Registered
I recently purchased an Abit IC7-g mobo. I have 2 WD raptors running in RAID 0 as drive C. My problem is I have not been able to flash the board even after following explicit instructions from the ABIT manual.

First off I am running Win XP pro. I DL'ed the awdflash utility and the latest bios bin file (IC7_15.bin ). First I put a 3.5" floppy into the floppy drive and formated it with the Make a MS-DOS boot disk choice. ( the copy system file choice listed in the manual does not exist in Win XP) The I unzipped the awdflash and bios update self extracting files onto my desktop.

I copied the files by dragging them into the floppy icon. The files were 3 for the bios the bin plus 2 others and 1 awdflash exe.

I set the bios to boot from floppy first then at the DOS prompt typed A:\>awdflash ic7_15.bin /cc /cd /cp /py /sn /cks /r.

The awdflash program started to work and gave me the message to please wait. But the please wait! message never went away and the light on the floppy remained green. After about 20 minutes I just rebooted and luckily for me my original bios was still preserved.

Can someone give me advice on how you flashed your Abit IC7-g Board? Any help is appreciated.

Just hit Alt-F2 at the first boot up screen. If you load a floppy with awdflash.exe and the BIOS .bin file, the BIOS will flash itself.

Back