• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLTEK Model SL-75MRN-L ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ONE

How does the SOLTEK Model SL-75MRN-L (or RL) compare to the SL-75FRN2-RL, is it a better board for overclocking?

Been running the MRN-L for a few months now and it is one swwweeettt board. See Adelphia83's post for the difference. Depends on what you want and I had no need for RAID. I can tell you the on board video is superb and works quite nicely for me.

Be advised, the later model Solteks now have the four pin 12V socket so be sure to connect it or it won't boot. Also, if you have to clear CMOS be SURE you UNPLUG IT FROM THE WALL First. Read and follow instructions in the manual to the letter otherwise you'll blow the board.

If you enjoy your Sotek as much as I have enjoyed mine you'll be one happy camper. Wonder what Soltek will come out with next??

huneycutt:

"Been running the MRN-L for a few months now and it is one swwweeettt board. See Adelphia83's post for the difference. Depends on what you want and I had no need for RAID. I can tell you the on board video is superb and works quite nicely for me.

Be advised, the later model Solteks now have the four pin 12V socket so be sure to connect it or it won't boot. Also, if you have to clear CMOS be SURE you UNPLUG IT FROM THE WALL First. Read and follow instructions in the manual to the letter otherwise you'll blow the board.

If you enjoy your Sotek as much as I have enjoyed mine you'll be one happy camper. Wonder what Soltek will come out with next??"

Man, you posted this just a little too late. I'm relatively sure that's how I blew out my board, clearing the cmos, with the comp plugged in, whoops. Thats why I'm rma'ing back to newegg.

But its a great board, my 2500 Barton overclocked to 2.2 GHZ, stable

R T F M !

Roger that Jmail999.
Like an old First Sgt of mine use to say when us low life grunts messed up, "READ THE FREAKIN' MANUAL BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!"

Seriously, in the manual it gives very explicit directions for clearing the CMOS one of which is unplug it from the wall before you set the jumpers to clear CMOS and not unplugging it from the wall causes the board to blow.

No problem pal, you live and you learn from the cradle to the grave. Goodness knows I've made my share of boo-boo's.
But not as many as after I finally learned to RTFM . . . .

Ya'll have a nice week end and be safe. OldBird

The only disappoining thing that I see so far with this board is the absence of the 4 mounting holes around the socket.
It's still going to be some time before I can really put it to the test because my custom case is'nt even close to being finished.

True, doesn't have the four holes but for the money it's darn good board.

Say what? Custom case? I figure as long as it holds thing together and has what I need then it'll work for me. I always order my cases on line and have been very pleased. But then I'm not into plexiglass case sides or colored neon lights under my Crown Vic. . . . .

I'm working on a phase change system to cool cpu with H2o cooling for NB and GPU, so I need room for a lot of fans, compressor, radiator, condensor coil and additional power supplies all in one case........4 PSU'S installed and looking good.;)

Yeh they are great mobos. I have seen some good oc's on them and some really bad ones..I have teh RL I don't use the raid now but I plan to hopefully...lol

Who would I email to try and get them to make a soltek forum here? They have one for all the major mobos. And it appears as if quite a few of you use them?

I have the 75mrn-l. It has been a good board for 2 months.

Only complaint is some of the voltages read low. The memory voltage reads 0.15 low (ex. set to 2.50V gets 2.65V to memory). My memory is warm at DDR333 with the memory voltage at the lowest (stock) setting. The Vcore voltage reads 0.05V low (setting of 1.65V get 1.70V to the CPU). I checked these voltages with a good voltmeter on the motherboard.

Back