• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8knxp prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

solaman

Registered
hi all,
just got a giga 8knxp mobo and wanted to hook all my 7 hard drives up i connected my 80gig wd 8mb cache as a boot drive on normal ide master with my cd burner as slave and a dvd reader and writer on other channel, then i put 2 sata 160 maxtors on the sata conectors, 4 other hd's on giga raid controller and this is where probs begin, if i select in bios ide and not raid pc will not boot into windows but during boot up it will detect all my drives which are 2x100gig ibm's 1x120gig ibm and a 40gig maxtor but if i change gigaraid to raid in bios it will boot to windows and only show up the 2x 100gig ibm's and the thing is these 2 drives will run ok on there own no need to be set in raid formation ie raid o etc so is there a way to get all 4 drives working and pc booting into windows and running no probs or will i have to swop out the 40 gig for a 120 gig ibm so drives match up although i would say using controller as a normal ide which bios option is it should work fine but it does not, everything else if fine hyperthreading enbaled and ok 2 sticks of ddr400 generic working fine and a 2.4c cpu. so peeps any ideas spent all this cash and wanna get it sorted.

solaman.

have done but as yet not got and answer.
after more playing it seems pc will just not go into windows if i put 4 drives on gigaraid controller ide 3 and 4 if i only use ide 3 pc boots fine as soon as i connect drives to ide 4 it will not boot it will hang at boot up during the part where the blue lines go across screen on win xp

has anybody had this board booting with 4 drives on gigaraid controller 2 drives are same other 2 are diff but bios is set to run as ata so this is not an issue with needing matched drives for raid.

solaman.

Back