• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC problems for IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScBlcksunshine

Registered
I recently got my P4 2.8Ghz with 2x512 CL 2.0 PC3200 ram and I also have a 120gb SATA harddrive along with a older UDMA66 hardrive. MY old hardrive still has the winxp on it and I installed a copy of WinXP on the SATA drive, when it is set to normal FSB speed, the system will run and boot into SATA winxp but not from my older harddrive(even though it gives you an option, sinc it's on IDE 2 and my SATA is on IDE 3). However, when I OC my comp to any other FSB(even at 201mhz FSB) it will attempt to boot into the SATA drive but gives me a mssg like "Bootable disk not valid or hardware not found" or something like that, I don't really know what's wrong and I really don't think OC is the factor here, could this be related to the BIOS since I have the original 1.0 BIOS and I remember seeing an update will resolve SATA boot issue? Also when I set my FSB to anything other then 200mhz and set AGP/PCI fixed, the computer will post and then beep like 3 times and shutoff...:( Could this be BIOS related as well? I would like to think my P4 2.8Ghz can at least be OC by FSB 1Mhz???? Any suggestion.....:eek:

welcometotheforums.JPG

unless your agp/pci bus is FIXED , ANY changes in the FSB will make it so serial ata won't boot

Back