• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my OC maxed out??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dungeonhawk

Registered
First of all I want to thank bobby for all his help with my overclocking.. I really appreciate it... He mentioned I may be maxed on my overclocked, im wondering what you all think.

p4p800 deluxe
p4 2.4c (800 fsb)
1gig pc 3200 Corsair mem

I have the FSB at 250
Mem volts maxed
Mem at 5:4 or 320...

Anything higher than 250 on the FSB to up my mghz and it wont POST.....

clock timings etc adjusted per bobby...
anyone have any other ideas or am i maxed?

Try 266 (3:2) mem ratio and see if you can go any higher. What's your cpu voltage at? You can safely try up to about 1.675. My 2.4C on a p4p800 std is doing 3400 @ 1.6 volts. with ram at 3:2. Are you using the stock northbridge cooler, or something better. If it's stock that could be a problem.

im using stock atm, antec aero flow coming tomorrow...even with stock at 3 gig the temps are 32degrees in bios. pretty dang low, i guess ill wait til my new heatsink and fan come in...

well ok, i didnt wait for the cpu fan and heatsink hehe.. i tried 1.6v and moving it from 250 to 253 and it wouldnt post...
you think my new antec aeroflow and better grease will get me higher???

welcometotheforums.JPG

Back