• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone hearing any bad things about the Abit IS7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ABIT IS7 is a pretty good board. I haven't run into any issues as of yet and I use it 24/7. It has a lot of nice features and overclocks well too.

Joey

Other than the incorrect temp readings (which also affects the IC7 I believe) it is a great board.

I agree. Other than the Temp issue, it is a great board, and good for overclockers. Abit says this is their way of measuring temp. It reports 8-10c higher than other board.

If you are tight on budget, you might also consider IS7-E. This is without the FireWire and SATA Raid.

Thanks.

probly the biggest problem people have been reporting over at abit forums was the built in sound card going crazy and the mike not working but that could've been fixed already im not sure
good luck

Last edited:
I have a problem with the vcore, ddr voltage reading differently than what I set them at.
vcore set at 1.5250 reads 1.47..
ddr set at 2.7 reads 2.62.
N/B and hs fan speed monitor in the bios jumps all over the place.

Granted I'm new to Intel but I don't think this is natural...

I'll agree on the temp reporting, and voltage reporting being funny on Abit boards. I've set up at least ten of them, TH711s, IT7s, and NF7s, and all of the voltages aren't being reported the as set. But, they're still the best O/Cing boards I've seen.

steve

can't run the ram higher then 255 when overclocking.
have to oc to 254 or so, then use SetFSB if you want high 1:1, but this doesn't work well with the 2.4c cause setfsb doesn't go very high :(

I wanna get the is7-e but I dont know what a firewire is so could someone tell me what it is?

And how is the sound card on it? Is it near as good as the audigy 2?

The onboard sound is actually quite good, better sound than my SB Live 1024, but you can not compare it to the Audigy 2...

Firewire is used by many Digital Video Cameras (to transfer the video to your PC)

I have an IS7 and am currently having problems with it, it seems that the board has known issues with OCZ gold pc3700, and I'm having a hard time just trying to OC th FSB to 233 and run stable in windows.:(

Back