• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i had a cooling idea today... suggestions and coments on it please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kino

well..... what about putting two fans in the bottom of the case blowing up (somehow spaced from it of course), and umm placing the rest of the case fans as intakes, except the top blowhole, it would look somethinlg like this:
coolingideaair.GIF

green: cool air
Pink: hot/warm air

comments and suggestions are welcome,
Kino

You might be a little short of exhausts. You got loads of in-air fans and just two out-air fans. The psu-fan seldom pump alot of air, leaving only the top fan as a good exhaust. Maybe you should turn around the fan at the left of cpu. Otherwize it looks like one really cool case.

Fresh air always finds its way in. What about switch the back intake to exhaust near the cpu.

like having the bottom rear fan blowing in and the top rear exhaust blowing out?
wouldnt that disrupt the flow of the fans and screw up airflow?
i tought it was either the two in or the two out

That's exactly how my case is set up except i have 2 front bottom 1 back bottom and 2 back top and none on the very bottom.. It dropped my temps quite a bit from the basic setup. The only thing is to make sure you deflect the hot air from the psu upwards so it's not sucked back in by the back top intakes.

well i tought avout the 2 bottom ones so they could "feed" up on the front and back intakes and cool the northbridge and ram better, and also speed up the hot rising air process so hot air doesnt stay long on my case

Kino said:
like having the bottom rear fan blowing in and the top rear exhaust blowing out?
wouldnt that disrupt the flow of the fans and screw up airflow?
i tought it was either the two in or the two out

I don't see how it would screw up the airflow...you'd just have another trail of air which goes out the back. However, the airflow would still be disrupted by the CPU and GPU HSF. However, I think you have the right idea. Keep 'em comin'. :D

how would the gpu disrupt airflow?
i can uderstand the CPU fan one, but it would just blow air into the hs, the the air would just keep going up like the rest
btw.. i like your new avatar nerdlogic :D

im thinkin average 80mm fans for the botto m of the case
and one 120mm silent fan on top, maybe two if there arent enough exhausts as the guy above said

I have to agree with the person who said that you should change the one by the CPU to an exhaust. Did what you did on mine and my temps went UP. Changed it back and down they went.

Kino said:
im thinkin average 80mm fans for the botto m of the case
and one 120mm silent fan on top, maybe two if there arent enough exhausts as the guy above said

Why not use all silent 120mm fans? j/w
They have really really good airflow, i have 2 120s in my case and they flow air really well.

because i have to make an intensive mod, other than that not alot of under 100 bux cases come with 120mm holes,
also 120mm fans are kinda expemnsive and being a 14 yr old in school with no job and a $1 per day income money must be used to a max

theres an idea :D , its just if you wanna go quietness 120s but i guess you could do a few more blowholes.

Edit: GOOD TASTE in a your comp setup Imacrzyprsn. :D

Kino said:
how would the gpu disrupt airflow?
i can uderstand the CPU fan one, but it would just blow air into the hs, the the air would just keep going up like the rest
btw.. i like your new avatar nerdlogic :D

The way I see it, the CPU fan pulls in air from that airflow and blows it down which shoots out through the fins of the HS in whatever direction they may be facing and bouncing off the HS/MB back out. I guess it wouldn't disrupt the airflow too much depending on the strength of your CPU fan. For the GPU fan it really depends also. Stock GPU sinks don't move that much air so I probably shouldn't have thought about it, but it's nice to keep ideas flowing. :)

Thanks for the comment on the avatar. I love the movie! :)

Imacrzyprsn said:
just put like 4 blowholes in the top of your case ;)

this might actually be bad... the point is to make it better, i think this might actually hurt it according to the diagram he drew... but im not sure.

You may want to consider a large graphics card in your picture... that could disrupt a lot of airflow from the bottom left fan.

Back