• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7n8x Dlx DEAD in the Water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweaker

:mad:

Used this board for our new Sys. It did all it was supposed to for a month! After a shut down, Two hours go by... What happens?

DEAD! It won't post, spit, sputter or cough. NADA. Why? We have tested many things to find a solution. We thought it may be the Graphics Card, Check that. MEMORY? Check That. Hard Drive? Check That. Reset bios, replace bios, check all jumpers, go over that thing with a giant magnifing glass... Check that. Every detail was not overlooked but it seems that it will never be a mobo again. We can however use the jumper pins an battery and bios chip for later... LMAO This story has been told before but the v2 w/1004 bios and every last setting in fine tune did not stop it from going comatose on us. When we turn it on we do get a constant unblinking hard drive light and that pretty green light on the mobo to help with the dramatic lighting in the room.

We do however think that maybe the AGP controller went south but if any one else has had a similar prob., Please post here and tell us your story. We will be sending this board back to asus with a letter of love. Can't RMA with the mods but before you say anything, the mods did not have anything to do with the death of the board. Check that!

BUT....... If you have a miracle that will bring it back, that would be cool. Look for the light of the funeral pyre in the southern sky.

Happy Trails,

Tweaker and RadMan

PS ABIT or Gigabyte, expect a check soon.
:cool:

I just got an a7n8x a few days ago and so far its worked wonders w/ me. its been pretty stable w/ my OC efforts mind you i havnt really done any extreme oc'n.

I sure hope mine is an exception to the somewhat common trend of the a7n8x line. *prays*

Yes, PSU is fine. Antec's big daddy, 550 true power.......Board is RIP. We did find a deal on a new asus a7n8x dlx with the new 400fsb chipset. We'll see as the saying goes!

Happy Trails,
Tweaker

Blz said:
I just got an a7n8x a few days ago and so far its worked wonders w/ me. its been pretty stable w/ my OC efforts mind you i havnt really done any extreme oc'n.

I sure hope mine is an exception to the somewhat common trend of the a7n8x line. *prays*

Watch out. If your chipset is the 333fsb It does NOT like to be pushed long at 400 and over fsb. It willdo it but the boards life expectancy will go away... It will be comatose one day. Good board tho. even with what happen to us, I like the product enough to buy the newest one. With the 400fsb chipset it also has many of the old bugs worked out of it. Good luck.

Happy Trails

Tweaker

Last edited:
What sort of mods were done to the board and how can you be sure that these mods did not contribute to the failure?

Back