• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maxijet dying, help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hondaboy

Registered
I have a maxijet 1200. Have had it for just about a year. Only been using it for about 5 months of that. Just today it started shutting off on me. It seems like as it warms up it goes into a thermal shutdown of some sorts. It will stay off for about 5 minutes and then starts back up on its own. It won't run longer than about 5 minutes at a time unless I keep the water chilled with ice. I've never had a problem like this before. Any ideas, can't talk long because it is about to quit on me here in a second. I'm using it submerged. This pump does not have that much use on it. I made a quick run to walmart to see if they had anything but the only thing I could find was a 170 gph fish tank pump. I would like to stay around the 300gph mark if I could. Doh, it just died again, gotta go shutdown the computer........

Ouch. Not quite the news I want hear; I have a Maxijet. Have you been using corrosion fighting additives? Try flushing your entire system, cleaning the impeller and performing this mod to it. It may be too late, though :(.

thx for reply. I have been using a little anti-freeze but not in the past two weeks. I've just been using distilled water and a little antibacterial soap. I've been flushing my system constantly today trying to keep cold water in the system. I just tossed in a cup full of ice cubes to keep me going right now. I'm gonna freeze a few blocks of ice for tomorrow. I'll try that mod when I get some glue, thanks. Although I think you are right, it might be too late.

Oh tell me about it. I just dumped a bunch in and there is a ton of condensation on the block and the hoses. Not good. I think I'm just gonna have to go back to air cooled until I can get a new pump. Argh.................................... IT JUST DIED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA GO, i hate this

lol mine is about 3 days old and it likes to shut off by itself. I also think its due to heat so im going to buy a danner or a eheim when i get the cash. It also heats up the water like a "female dog".

Ok, couldn't take it anymore. Filled the tank with ice and the stupid thing still would shut down every few minutes. Went to petsmart and bought a Pondmaster 250 (danner 2) for $29.99. Before I took my maxijet (rated at 300gph) out I got an actual flowrate of 103 gph through my system. I just hooked up the danner 2 (rated at 250gph) and got 101 gph. This thing is HUGE. Seems to work just fine but it is big.

Back