• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feels good to be back!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_poche

For the last few months my CPU was cooled by a cheap heatsink due to an incident with my first watercooling setup( The waterblock leaked on the CPU, resulting in a dead Palamino 1600+ and MSI SIS 745)

But now I'm back! I bought a drill press and some copper and carved myself a nice waterblock.

wblock.jpg

The WB is hooked up to Via Aqua 1300 and a heater core I bought at a scrap yard, all sitting in a rad box, cooled by a 160mm by 2inche thick giant fan.

rad1.jpg

This is presently used on my new setup. An Abit NF7-S rev2.0, TBredB 1700+ JUIHB and my old trusty Samsung RAM PC2700.

So far, the highest temperature I've seen, is 36C, at 2200 MHz and 1.8Vcore , compared to low 50's with the old heatsink at 1800MHz and 1.65Vcore at around the same room temps. :cool:

Beside the 14+ degrees gain, I gained 100MHz overclock so far. I still have to play with the voltages and memory timings.

Right now I'm running 220*10, pretty good for a 1 year old stick of samsung RAM.

And for those of you who like pictures, here are some more.

Sheesh talk about ghetto, lol.

Why not spend a few bucks and get a decent waterblock so it doesn't leak again?

anvil82 said:
Sheesh talk about ghetto, lol.

Why not spend a few bucks and get a decent waterblock so it doesn't leak again?

This one won't leak, at least not more than any of the commercial one.

The one that leaked was just a box of really thin copper and the water ate through the solder in one corner.

BTW, anyone can steal, borrow or get inspired by anything there, no problem at all.

Back