• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you find out what kind of board you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Agent Z

I am a noob at this stuff...
i was wonering what kind of Mobo i have and i bout it a long time ago and i do not know what kind it is...
it is a micro atx with onboard sound
onboard lan
onboard video...
the reason is because i want to upgrade the processor to an athlon 2600 t-bred...and i was wondering if my board woudl support it....

Looking at the motherboard usually has the type of board written in white letters that are usually bigger than anything else. If you still don't feel comfortable opening the case and searching for the letters, just run what the 2nd poster said. SiSoftware Sandra Utility will tell you what brand and model motherboard you have by just running the Mainboard Information module in the software.

takes about 10seconds to install and will tell you alot about your system if you need to know other things, plus it has benchmarking software and a few other nice items.

overall, good program and worth the download to answer your question and play around with.

Back