• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Ram SHOUld I use??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goldenlight

I am thinking of getting the Gigabyte GA-8KNXP board and would like to know if this works with Corsair . I was thinking of getting the ddr xms series.

also I notice the ram comes in Twin packs too. Not sure what would be better to buy

Last edited:
I got the XMS DDR3200 series Corsair ram. Works well with the board. I got two 512 sticks of it. With stock settings the board recognized it as DDR400, no problems. Windows won't start for me with any speed over 400 even with +.3v. But all this is running 2-3-3-6 timings. I can't render much advice on the twin packs as I have no experience with them in this board, but they are usually Low Latency model (I couldn't afford them). Hope this helps --Brent

Corsair are having a bad track record ATM with i875 Chipsets... OCZ gold 3700 CAS2 however is very very impresive with this chipset. Looks like Corsairs domination over other companies is about to fall, all beit not quickly, Unless they get back on track. K'mon Corsair!

Back