• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are Shuttle motherboards stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well...I have an MK20N, a small VIA KL133 mATX board with onboard video and no AGP. I got it b/c I needed a small micro atx board (NOT itx), and it was about the cheapest out there.

It might not be the most up to date board, but it's a remarkably stable little board. Never had an ounce of trouble in it, but that non-OC'ed.

The AK-series shuttle's were pretty hot a while back...everyone seemed to like them, but they seemed a bit more quirky than say, an ASUS.

Thats my 2 cents..

My two Shuttle boards were both great overclockers and rock stable. I had an AK31 (KT266) and then an AK35GT2R (KT333).

Hello All, I recently bought 2 Shuttle MoBos WannaOC, a MN31N for $58.00 and a AN35N for $61.00. Both have been excellent, fast and stable, got the MN31N paired with a Barton 2500+ OC'd to 180FSB, 2 x 256mb Crucial PC2700 in sync @ 6-2-2-2.5 The AN35N I got yesterday paired with a JIUHB 1700+ DUT3C, been slowly creeping things up, currently burning in @ 190FSB, more Crucial PC2700 in sync @ 6-3-3-2.5. I'll play with the timings after the memory has burned in more, still at stock multis and RAM voltage, Vcore nudged to 1.625v. So far so good I'd say. The MN31N can play BF1942 @ 1024 X 768 X 32 bit color with no artifacts or issues using the IGP, good enough for my needs. I just started burning in @ 195FSB on the AN35N, upped the Ram voltage to 2.6 for insurance. The MN31N only has Mem timings and FSB settings, no voltages or multis so without doing some mods to the board or CPU it won't go to far, but I'm happy with 180FSB at decent timings.
Regards, Balrog

Back