• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats with my 8rga+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hedgehogforprez

I have never had a problem with it but today was my first...About 20 minutes ago I tried to see if maybe ram was the factor in why I couldn't get over 221 fsb so I put my ram at 83% and went up to 9x225 to see if it would work. Well it didn't so I said ok, thats fine...hopefully someone else can break the barrier. I shorted the cmos and started my computer again ( same as I always do. ) Nothing, won't boot into anything just a blank screen ( Monitor doesn't even come on. ) I look at the post code and it's Cf which in my manual says "Test CMOS R/W Functionality" I don't know how to fix it and right now I have my battery out hoping that it will work then. Help!

Last edited:
Now it just beeps at me... :( please help I want this fixed this computer I am on really bites :(

my board gets mad too sometimes, just try resetting it, unplugging the power from the board, reseating some cards, take the battery out, stuff like that. let it sit for a while. mine always comes on after that. sometimes i have to like jump my board with the power connector, i have to kinda wiggle it till it comes on then push it down in

Already RMA'd it, I tried a different everything and tried resetting the cmos 15 different ways ( Not literally ) but still nothing. Hopefully I get my new board quick because I wanna use this barton to the mizax ;p

have you removed the 133/166 jumper? what kind of cooling do you have on the northbridge?

The jumpers were already removed, I rma'd it already and supposedly it will be here today, fedex has 30 minutes though :(

Back