• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OMG I think my CPU fan has been backwards all this time LOL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

When i first finished this computer about 1 month ago i put a Tt ducting mod on my volcano 11 ( :rolleyes: ) I think i screwed the fan on the wrong way s the fan is sucking air off the cpu and blowing it away. It is suppose to blow air on the cpu isnt it?

I think unless you have a Pal heatsink than blowing should be better than sucking

The point of a duct is to take cooler air from outside the case too your CPU. On some HS the fan works better sucking then blowing but not to many and you have a duct as well

:-/ :bang head

yeah i had the ducting mod ever since i built the comp and i jsut realized fans are suppose to blow onto the heatisnk DAMN ME lol

i guess ill switch it...its hard to get at the nuts you gotta put on the bolts with the ducitng mod grr

im at 44-46 degrees right now, i guess ill switch it around and se what i get.

OMG HAHAHAHA temp dropped from 46 - 48 ALL THE WAY TO 36- 38 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OC HERE I COME WHAHAAHAHAHAHA

LOL NOW I HEAR the whine of my TT SMART FAN II LOL

Back