• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Bios Game Accelerator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayboykb

Hey everyone.. I finally got my bios updated.. and now I have this game accelerator in there. I can start everything up on the Turbo mode.. but when I get to Street Racer and F1 modes.. right when it gets to the screen where's it's supposed to verify my pool data it doesn't.. the screen with the big list of peripherals and things just sits there..

I took out one stick of ram (pc3500) and tried it.. then switched them.. used different settings.. 2.5, 3, 3, 7.. 2,3,3,6.. 2.5,3,3,6.. so on.. still nothing. Maybe it just wasn't meant to be :p

(psst, I know I'm full of problems.. but I'm a newb after all :D)

Last edited:
I can't get mine to work in those modes either. And I don't think were alone at all. This seems to be a common issue.

kayboykb said:
right when it gets to the screen where's it's supposed to verify my pool data it doesn't.. the screen with the big list of peripherals and things just sits there..

I'm setting up a new IC-7 and had a similar issue last night. Frequently when the "First Boot Device" was set to floppy, it would hang in the same place for me. Setting the first boot device to hard drive 'fixed' the problem.

I think the bios is buggy. Gonna have to look around and find out what the best bios is.

Good Memory

The key to Game Accelerator is excellent memory, I have ben running at F1 for a couple of weeks now with (I)Corsair(/I) memory.

Mine also freezes where my "DMI POOL" would start up. I know i have good enough ram (Corsair 3500). Ill have to try that HDD trick..:)

I have two sticks of Corsair XMS PC3500 (NO twin or LL) and my system would NOT overclcok at all!
The Geil is a dream! (Compared to what I had!)

What memory ratio are you running in? I had trouble getting it to boot at 1:1 in turbo but once I switched to 5:4 it was a breeze and it booted right up.

same exact thing is happening to me also, on turbo it works fine, but on street racer or F1 mode it hangs on the Verifying DMI Pool thing

I´ve tried with 1:1, 5:4 and 3:2 and setting vdimm to 2.8, not working either

maybe it´s a BIOS issue?

parallax is your Geil the Dual Channel Golden Dragon type? Have you tried cas settings of 3336?

Hmmm now I'm having trouble getting past the verify again, I don't understand why. Is there anyone out there with a sure solution to this problem?

GraveLayer said:
parallax is your Geil the Dual Channel Golden Dragon type? Have you tried cas settings of 3336?

yeah, it´s a golden dragon, and I even tried highest timings (3-4-4-8 i think) and no luck :(

Back