• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Take a look at this pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soja

My grandpa saw me putting together my wc setup a couple weeks ago so today he gave me a pump he had no use for. It was packaged and never opened. Here's some blurry pics:

blackmaxpump.jpg

Anyone use or heard about this pump? Can't believe it is spec'd @ 600gph for a 12v? Since I hear all these horror stories about the via 1300 it's nice to have a free extra pump on hand for that rainy day ;)

careful of the bilge pumps
I ran one for a while. Two problems:

Loud (I had to almost raise my voice to be heard over the machine- it took loud music to drown it out)

Its a BIG draw on the psu.

another thing is reliability, and what the max head is, It could have a 3ft max head wich would cut that down to about 60 or even 30gph really quickly.
so you really dont know.

Jon

Looks pretty cool, although the possible downsides are kind of a killer. Could do a test system and see how it runs.

Yeah I searched bilge pumps on the forums and I guess they're loud (which turns me away from using it already) and unreliable w/ a short running time @ 24hrs 7 days. Hopefully my via won't die for a good while...

Most bilge pumps aren't rated for continuous duty cycle. That would be the first thing I'd check out.

peace.
unloaded

Back