• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ bios that sees over 2.2ghz as an xp proc!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

ok... i had my computer at 11.5x200 running stable and all, but my 3dmark scores dropped off like 2000points. My friend told me to check my hardware properties and see if it say "athlon(tm)" or an XP. It was athlon(tm) and he said that my xp video support stuff was disabled cause it wasnt seeing the proc as an xp. I dropped it to 11x199 (11x200 still said athlon(tm) for some reason). Now i get much better 3dmarks, but i could still raise my proc speed, and i wanna get every last amount of speed out there. I tryed updating my bios and that didnt work. Someone said that it may be proc. steppings, bad cooling, or that my core is F*cked. what do u guys think?

well, i've never heard that before lol. mine says athlon(tm) just like yours - and its working absolutly fine.

why your score went down i dont know. It's possible you pushed it too far and it wasn't actually stable.

wow u were right....i figured that out after i read ur post tho :) I took off my slk-900 and sanded it down with some wet steel wool, and my temps went down and my proc is more stable for some reason i guess cause at 11.5x200 i get like 200 fps in parts where i was getting 150 on my old setup and 120 before with the unstable proc.

12.5x200 gets me just over 10,800 3dmarks with my gf3 ti500 :) im happy. I wanna get another stick of ram and run a gig of dual ddr

Back