• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fans for a Chieftec Server Chassis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well, i have the same case only the silver color. I didn't get too crazy with the cooling (i.e. 20 vantec tornados) or anything. I just picked up some of these fans

I put 2 sucking in air in the front bottom, and 2 exhaust in the back, with the side window fan where it is. My room temp is about 28ºc and case is maybe a couple degrees warmer.

looks like your limited to 5 fans unless you mod the case. Which should be plenty. I myself prefer to mod and use 120mm fans as the move more air and make less noise.

in my 2nd PC (the tinkering PC as i call it), i have 2 of these 120mm YS Tech fans and they are LOUD hehe. I have 6 fans total of the ones i mentioned up above in my main computer and they are quiet. Just a gentle hum, but the 120mm are really loud.

Maxwell Murder said:
What fans should I be puting in here? How many and in what spots for best air flow? Noise really doesnt bug me, I'm usually running music quite loud or playing games and music loud.

Picture of the case http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage...21-04.jpg/11-125-221-05.JPG/11-125-221-06.JPG

I have that same case, only its not acrylic on the side, I put a sucker in the front, a sucker in the side, and two blowers in the back. Keeps it at 41 under load with a 2.4c o/c to 2.6. But, the two extra fans I bought barely move any air, I put my hand up to them and don't really feel much, the 2 fans that came with it move more air, so I'm gonna get something that will move more air. What should I get? Oh, my case came with a second fan mount for the front, but it takes up the HD bay, so I took it out.

Not to steel you thread, but I have a question about the same case.

I was planing on a fan setup like one of these:

Extreme:

1 120mm sucking fan in the front
2 80mm exost fans in the back
2 80mm blowing fans on the side
1 120mm blowing fan on the side
1 120mm exost on the top

Lesser:

1 120mm exost on the top

Will these configurations work with that case?

Ok, well I'll tell you how it comes. Mine (non acrylic side, but exactly the same otherwise) came with two 80mm fans. All the fan mounts are 80mm. 2 front 80mm, 1 side 80mm, 2 rear 80mm. No fan mount on the top. Its a nice for the $ BTW.

Chris_F said:
Not to steel you thread, but I have a question about the same case.

I was planing on a fan setup like one of these:

Extreme:

1 120mm blowing fan on the side
1 120mm exost on the top

Lesser:

1 120mm exost on the top

Will these configurations work with that case?

Cant you mount a fan anyplace, or do you need to use a fan mount that is built into the case?

I guess I'm going to do some case modding because I don't want to be restricted by where I can place fans.

I have an Antec Performance Pro, which is based from the same case that you are buying.

Currently I've got three 80mm antec smart fans (came with the case) blowing air in (1 in the lower front purple bracket, one in front of two HD's), and one in the side panel. In the back are two 80mm 32CFM coolermasters blowing out (from the purple brackets) and some air being sucked in from the PSU's bottom and blown out the side (man is that air hot).

I'm pretty satisfied with the coolermasters. They look great (4LED's), and push a decent ammount of air, and are quiet.

The SmartFans on the other hand can't seem to push enough air., which kinda sucks because I'm relying on them for intakes! There is only one that works decent, and that is the side panel one connected to it's own dedicated molex adapter. Just a few minutes ago I hooked the lower front smartfan up to it's own dedicated molex adapter (forgoing using the PSU's weak 5v dedicated fan molex's) and it only pushes a little bit more air. I think that it just doesn't have enough power to really move air into the case, or that the temperature sensor on it is fubar'd.

I'm doing some research right now how to disable the temperature sensor, because noise really isn't an issue over one of my rabid HD's (borrowed it and it's louder than any HD i've ever owned, just sitting there spinning)

If I were you, I wouldn't go with the SmartFans. In general I like Antec's products quite a bit, but the SmartFans just don't have the balls to do modern cooling. Check something with more CFM and also importantly make sure it has a high pressure level, since that will aid in sucking air through your front bezel (if they are in the front) or pushing air farther away from the case (and potentially from a larger pocket of hot air inside) if they are exhaust.

Those are just my two cents. If you want to buy some smart fans I've got three to sell. (With shrink wrapped wires too!)

Back