• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Iwill XP333R rev. 2.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not a Bad mobo, a little quirky from what I have heard.

Loads of ..... features? tweaks?
Overall a very good mobo.

not the best, not the worst.

I'm looking for 1 now myself.
:cool:

I have one. Its not a bad board but it isn't great either. Dont expect to run anything higher than a xp 2000+, it wont recognize unless you send it to be modded by iwill. I tried it and i couldn't get it to work. Just running a 1700+ on it.

I have had 2 of these boards since JAN.2002, they WERE good boards BUT for $10 to $30 more you could buy any of a number of Nforce2 or KT400 or KT400A boards which will allow the use of ALL the NEWER processors and fresh Bios support, I would NOT buy the board now...
THe fastest that I can get my AMD tbreds at is 166X12, anything faster is just a pain with mods
THe same tbreds work at 200X11 in my Epox nforce2 baords

great oc board just needs tlc and a little tweaking see my sig
does run the barton plug and play .the rma boards do not allow
multi changes.

its a great board... overclocks well. not the greatest chipset in the world, but the overclock makes up for that :)

one of the nicest features is that you can get up to 1.95v without any mods, just bios changes.

my favorite thing about it is that its ROBUST... its been through alot of splashes and showers of watercooling and it lives on.

I love all of the features that this thing has. Right now I dont have RAID on but I have 4 channels for hard drives and CDROMS.

there is also a little known jumper on some boards between
the 1st and 2nd pci slots that when set raises vcore i think
to 2.1v. also since the barton is plug and play,i run a 380 fsb
synchronous 24/7 on a 266 chipset,420 when im playing,iwould
imagine the 3.4 barton would work fine also.the only cpus you can't use plug and play are the ones with a default multi over
the boards capabilities of 12.5,then you just unlock with wire trick

if anyone out there knows where to get a rev 2.1 xp333,
let me know. the new iwill boards dont allow multi changes
in bios +the via chipset doesn't have the pci agp lock like the
nforce boards.ihave the new aopen and im only getting 225 fsb
stable.15 more on a 400 rated fsb,compared to my 210 on a
266 rated fsb, disappointing.if i could lock the pci agp buses on my iwill i could probably match the nvidia chipset,sandra mem not as wide on the iwill but it does what iwant it to.i used to hate
acer when i had the 486 pentium but i love this ali chipset.

Back