• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LEAK Recovery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irish80122

Of course, while setting up my first watercooling system, after testing it on the floor and everything like they tell you, I sprung a leak from of all places my CPU block. I had already tested it for hours in the case with the mobo, so I had all of my equiptment in there. I know for sure that it hit the motherboard and GF4, but the system was off.

I am curious as to what I should do now, what are my options? It has dried out completely I am sure, it has been 9 hours, but I am going to give it another 24 because I am doing a lot of testing before that goes on!

I have Zerex coolant with a blue dye in distilled water. I am wondering if I should do any whipping down of parts, and if so what I should do. Maybe I would be better off just letting it dry out completely and praying, I am not sure. Please tell me what my best course of action is, I need your help and unfortunate expertize, if you know what I mean.

if its dried completely then don't even worry about it. I just sprung a leak last week, i let the computer set off with a fan blowing into it for an hour and all is well. (i have done this many time before)

as long as your system is off and it is all cleaned up and dry there is no possible way that the leaked water conducted electricity and fried all your equipment. You will be fine =), glad to hear your system wasn't one when this happened.

You should make sure there is absolutely no water in your agp or pci slots. If you get water in there you get some electrolisis going on with some of the pins and it can corrode them. This happened to a few of my cards, but luckily I discovered it before too much damage was done.

The symptoms of this are hardware not being detected in windows, so if you now get that, you might wanna check those slots. Some kitchen paper wrapped round a credit card works brilliantly to get the water out.

I'd give your cards and MB a quick wipe down with a soft cloth to make sure there isn't any residue left. I don't know for sure, but you coolant may not like getting hot when dried out. You don't want it to start smelling (c:

Thank you all so very much for your assistance, I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of this. I was using nylon clamps but I have decided to just redo the whole system with better steel clamps and teflon tape, so everything will get taped and then clamped really well, I don't want this happening again. Since it did happen though, I just am really glad to have this board and have people like you, again, thank you!

Back