• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E, any News or Reviews?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tweakerxp

P4C800-E - News, Views and Reviews?

Hello,
I am looking at buying an ASUS P4C800-E mobo but I haven't seen any reviews on it yet :( Does anyone here have the board and how does it perform? Does the package include rounded IDE cables :D Anyways, it's this mobo or an IC7-G depending on what you guys think :D

Regards,
Tweakerxp

Re: P4C800-E - News, Views and Reviews?

tweakerxp said:
Hello,
I am looking at buying an ASUS P4C800-E mobo but I haven't seen any reviews on it yet :( Does anyone here have the board and how does it perform? Does the package include rounded IDE cables :D Anyways, it's this mobo or an IC7-G depending on what you guys think :D

Regards,
Tweakerxp

Im not sure if it includes rounded cables but.. There must be different types of rounded cables because I wasnt impressed by them at all. I understand thier purpose but they really can be sorta clunky.

If you have 2 cd roms on top of each other its cleaner with a flat cable tucked between them hidden then a fat round cable wich sticks out like a sore thumb.

I dunno maybe my case is just to small. The rounded cables felt stiff and you really couldnt do much with em to organize them. With a flat cable it seems alot easier to tuck em away. It can look real nice if your case has a slide out tray cause you can hide alot of stuff behind there.

Round cables are a good idea but they seem to depend alot on your setup how good it will turn out. I fought with a pair a good couple hours and just went back to the flat cables. The asus p4p800 came with black ones and I was able to do them up real nice and even a cleaner job then the rounded that I had.

Back