• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for my running watercooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltedeggman

Registered
I have a dangerden Maze2 block, eheim 1048, clear reservoir, heatercore, with 120mm fan rated at 50-60cfm.

My temp in bios is at 63c max, cooling a AXP t-bred @ 2.4ghz, when I touched the radiator, it felt warm. Also the waterblock felt warm.

It seems a bit high for a watercooling rig. Also, is the abit nf7-s bios's temp usually higher than normal, can someone clarify this?

thanks

Yes, the BIOS reads far too high. Get the latest BIOS update, and you should see a temp decrease of over 10°C. Don't take temps too seriously, and don't forget that watercooling isn't magic. It'll give you good temps but nothing otherworldly. If the rad feels warm, everything should be okay. You may want to add another fan. Don't worry about temps, unelss you encounter instability.

ambient is around 27C, i noticed my setup is wrong

pump > radiator > wb > reservoir

the correct setup should be

pump > wb > radiator > reservoir

However, does that account for that much temperature increase?

Back