• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice for my running watercooling rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

saltedeggman

Registered
I have a dangerden Maze2 block, eheim 1048, clear reservoir, heatercore, with 120mm fan rated at 50-60cfm.

My temp in bios is at 63c max, cooling a AXP t-bred @ 2.4ghz, when I touched the radiator, it felt warm. Also the waterblock felt warm.

It seems a bit high for a watercooling rig. Also, is the abit nf7-s bios's temp usually higher than normal, can someone clarify this?

thanks

edit: sorry for double thread in general cooling/watercooling

check that you still have good air flow through your case. also i don't know but the maze 2 might be limiting you? you might not be getting enough water flow also perhaps? mostly it sounds like that there isn't any airflow in the case and your water temps are just getting high because your case temp is getting high perhaps? do you have any pics? they would help a lot if you did.

What's the ambient temp where you are? If this is high then the Rad will have trouble disserpaiting the the heat to the surrounding air. if it's low (<25) then it's most likely an air flow issue. Try placing the Rad on its own next to the case and see what this does.

hth

ambient is around 27C, i noticed my setup is wrong

pump > radiator > wb > reservoir

the correct setup should be

pump > wb > radiator > reservoir

However, does that account for that much temperature increase?

welcometotheforums.JPG

i have updated the bios to newest version, 1.7

the temp readings are around 45C ambiet is about 78F

to me, temps are still too high, but i have yet to encounter any stability issues overall

There is no "correct" order. My system is set up just like yours is. All configurations yield about the same performance, so don't worry about it. Stability is key, not the inaccurate temps that your motherboard is reporting. Although, 45C seems about perfect; nothing to be concerned about.

sorry to threadjack but do you need a res in your setup or is it more of an option than a need?

its not a "must" but if you don't have a reservoir, you have to bleed the system (removing all air bubbled in an enclosed system)

Back