• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob ready to take the plunge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daetalix

Registered
Sorry for the lengthy post!!!

Hello all,

For a little while now I've been looking into water cooling.... I'm willing to spend into the $200-$250 range and would like your recommendations on what to get. I've never setup water cooling before, but I don't want to fork over approx $200 for an Koolance or Corsair cooler when I can customize and get better performance for roughly the same price. I want to cool my CPU and mobo chipset. I get around 43C CPU (Thermalright SLK800U) and 35C chipset IDLE on a COOL DAY. Hot days scare me now...

I really like the DangerDen stuff and heres what i'm lookin at:

Danger Den Maze 4 or Dtek TC-4... seemed pretty equal from what I've heard?
Z-Chipset waterblock
BayRes
Hydor L30

For radiator I don't really know... is the Black ICE Extreme good? The Extreme 2 looks pretty big and I don't know where I'd put it in my case... I've also looked at DTek Pro Radiator, (was recommonded to someone on forums)

Any info/advice is greatly appreciated, oh, and I have a Chenming 601 case, aka Antec1080 i think. I'd like to fit everything into it without much modding if possible.

System Specs:
Barton 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz (11x200)
Asus A7N8X Deluxe2.0
2x 512 Mushkin HighPerf RAM
Ati Radeon 9500Pro (360/290)
Leadtek TV Tuner
Onboard Sound/NIC
550W Antec TruPower PS
120GB WD1200JB HD (storage)
2x 36GB WD Raptor HDs RAID 0 (system)
Plextor 48x CDRW
Sony DRU510A DVDRW

Just built my first W/C setup, and used:

DD Maze4
Ehiem1250
Dtek ProCore
Bayres
1/2" ClearFlex60

I am very happy with the results, and fairly easy to do.

Back