• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZALMAN CNPS7000-Cu VS ZALMAN CNPS6500B-Cu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JP_Singer

CNPS7000-Cu VS ZALMAN CNPS6500B-Cu
Does anyone know if the ZALMAN CNPS6500B-Cu cools just as good are even better than the ZALMAN CNPS7000-Cu because I am wanting to get a decent HSF tonight and I can pick the ZALMAN CNPS6500B-Cu from CompUSA tonight to replace with my retail p4 HSF

Here is a link to the ZALMAN CNPS6500B-Cu
http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/show_images.asp?pid=6798

So is there anyone that has used these both and can tell me if the one I may purchase from CompUSA would be a good choice.

Thanks!!!!!!!

I used both before and I like the CNPS7000 much better than the 6500. Its (the CNPS7000) is one of the best coolers around that runs on virtually no noise.

The 6500, on the other hand, only has average performance.

well.. in theory... Full copper suppose to conduct more heat than Copper plus Aluminium. I haven't test the 2 but I'm using 7000-CU now.. works perfectly well and very quiet :D

The heavier full copper version is supposed to get you approx. 2C extra of cooling when compared to the lighter AlCu version. I'm also using the 7000Cu version and I'm very happy with it. ;)

WELL I can't tell ya anything other than the fact that I went to pick one of these things up to look at it and I dropped my jaws when I realized how heavy this sucker was, and said to myself "something this heavy can't possibly be good on a processor.... thats my opinion

Well I seem to have a Zalman CNPS7000A-AICU, the one with Copper plus Aluminium it's a smart combo to me copper takes the heat in and the Aluminium removes it.

Mine has aluminium and copper fins and it works great with overclocking I have modded mine so a 120mm fan blow cool air from my top intake onto my Zalman I have it running at it's lowest speed 1900rpm and it works like a charm.

SpeedFreak...what do you think clipping or screwing the thing down onto your mobo is gonna do...im sure its own weight is not at all a problem when the process of attaching any hsf properly put waaaay more weight on the cpu. If anything i would rather it be a bit tighter a connection (within reason of course) that way i ensure a good connection and, if its all lapped and nice and flat, you get the 'less is more' thing with your thermal compound. I use the CNPS7000A-Cu NOT AlCu mid you - they are different - and i cant complain a bit...in fact i can only rave about how happy i am with it:)
sooooooooooooooooooooooo [size=0.5]quiet[/size]

Back