• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

I'm very happy with my Maze 4, it seems to be performing pretty well. Though I am using the socket thermistor the temps seem to be great.

I'm not really concerned about the temps, but the difference between them.

Ambient for all these temperaturs is 24C
XP1500+ stock 1.33ghz, 1.7v.

Full Load
Case: 28C
CPU: 34C

Idle
Case: 27C
CPU: 30/31 (it won't make up its friggin mind)
--

XP1500+ @ 1.5ghz, 1.7v

Full Load
Case: 29C
CPU: 35C

Idle
Case: 27C
CPU: 31C

----

What strikes me as odd is the temps at idle are virtually the same at stock or overclocked. Other than that, everything seems to be within 1C of each other.. I just found it weird.

Maybe I'm not used to quality performance or something, but I just thought I'd ask what other thought.

Your temps look just fine. There is very little difference in heat dissipation between only 1500mhz and 1333mhz without voltage changes. That would explain the small difference.

Great temps you have there. Is there something holding you back from overclocking more or have you just not tried upping the voltage yet?

I could probably push it a tad further, but I think it's a combination of the motherboard and the chip.

Mobo is a Shuttle AK31A, I've had it up a bit higher before I think, but now it doesn't seem to like it, even with voltages up I'd get hardlocks and BSOD's.

Plus the 1500+ is a Palamino, which is a notorius dud when it comes to O/C. Average on the oc.com DB is 1590mhz

Back