• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x dlx driver problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Buddha1822

aight... this happened awhile ago, but the big problem is today... i got a compact flash card external USB reader... and its plugged into one of the USB ports on the back of the a7n8x, and its got its green light on which means its lit up... and XP shows the drive (J:) but when I click it, it says "Please insert a disc into Drive J:" and the green light on the external reader doesn't turn orange like it should...

about a month ago, i was able to read this card reader quick and in a jiffy with no problems... so the story goes
one day I came home, had a BSOD in Win XP home, rebooted, then i didn't have internet and couldn't figure out how to fix it, confused the hell outta me... then i went to bed with it off, woke up, turned it on, and wham, the net was fixed (it wasn't our cable, i checked, it was something with the comp...)

so anyway, in that process, I totally uninstalled and did reinstalling with all of the nvidia drivers, and then the 3COM driver for the NICs and then upgraded BIOS to 1004uber... there was one point where after I'd updated BIOS, I had uninstalled the nvidia nforce 2 drivers, and I tried to install them again, so I could have those, and whenever I tried installing,t he program would attempt to start the installation, but then just crash out of it without an error message... i downloaded additional copies and tried everything,b ut continuously got the same problem... i know some other people have too...

but now, I got some LAN drivers installed... but not too much else cuz it was a *****...

and so the problem Im thinking wtih the flash card reader is that somehow maybe the USB (and USB 2.0) drivers never got installed and I can't install them since it always crashes... therefore it doesn't read the USB drive properly cuz USB isn't working properly....

does ANYONE pls have any suggestions as to what to do to get these drivers installed and wroking so I can use this damn compact flash card reader... :( THNX!

(sorry bout being so long...)

There is a separate USB driver you can download from Asus. It only requires that you install Service Pack 1 first if running Windows XP. However, I have a SimpleTech USB CF card reader that I have been unable to get working. I've tried on my motherboard and one other A7N8X Deluxe with no success. Works fine on a couple other non Asus Nforce2 computers though.

Mustanley said:
There is a separate USB driver you can download from Asus. It only requires that you install Service Pack 1 first if running Windows XP. However, I have a SimpleTech USB CF card reader that I have been unable to get working. I've tried on my motherboard and one other A7N8X Deluxe with no success. Works fine on a couple other non Asus Nforce2 computers though.

well i did say it worked perfeclty fine about 4 weeks ago, I got pics from it and all, just now it won't...

Mustanley said:
Did you try installing the standalone usb driver from the Asus website?

just tried, won't work, says "Cannot find usb storage device for this patch driver."

i don't know what to do, still nothing doesn't work, nothing with the NF2 drivers, nothing with the USB :(

Back