• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8rda+ questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

hey guys couple of questions:

1. Cpu Interface: Aggressive or Optimal?

2. I was stable @ 225 a-sync (75%) and I thought it's probably my ram so I got some Corsair Pc3200 C2 and give it 2.9v and some lauzy timnigs 2.5 3 3 7 and I can't get pass 215 (stable 2h of prime for now) what do you say? I have to do the vdd mod?

3. vdd mod: I need to solder only 1 leg which 1?

Thanks
Suma

1. Optimal. In my experience, Aggressive causes stability issues. I believe it tightens northbridge timings to improve performance at the expense of FSB/overclock.

2. Do you have a C1 rev. 8RDA? If not, then that's probably your problem; vdd mod it. If you do, it may be the RAM maxing out. I myself max out at 215MHz (my board does) so I don't know how much further this RAM can go.

3. Wish I could help you.

~THT

what's a C1 revision? how do I tell? all mine says is rev. 1.1
Unless you're talking about the nForce SPP, then in my manual it says Crush 18D.. whatever that means..

sorry for the semi threadjack.

Install the latest version of CPUID and it'll tell you what rev. you're running. Or look at your NB; if it says A1, it's a C1 rev that's guaranteed to do 200MHz FSB.

~THT

A3 man..
btw, I got my Vantec Iceberq 2day and Installed it and when I touch the sink itself its kinda hot..
I'll get a thermostat and check the sinks temp
everything seems stable tho.
:)

I'll keep you posted.
Suma

Ok, I vmod the board with a 820 ohm res.
working good stable at 225, but the ram is topping I had to put it @ 2.5 4 4 9 !!
(these are TwinMOS w/ TMD chips)

so I'll get the Corsair again and try my luck.
maybe I'll buy some PC3500 ram as well.

Thanks anyway,
Suma

Back