• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7N2 Delta-ILSR & Barton 2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Timmybighands

That's the setup I just ordered. I still have the K7N2 & 2400. I got the new board/processor above because I wanted a FSB above 200. So this should do it, right? I'm going to use the HyperX 3200 still. Delta-ILSR has no compatibility issues that I'm aware of. If you know something, please inform me.

If any of you users out there have any suggestions for me to be able to get to 200+FSB, I would REALLY appreciate your help.

With a 400FSB board, and a 333FSB processor, I should make it, right? What's the max anyone is running on this board with any 333 processor? Please post up!

Thanks

Oh, by the way, I was reading in some other forums and on Nvidia's page about the Kingston HyperX pc3200 DDR 400 memory. I guess there IS some compatibility issues, huh?

If I clock it DOWN to 333 (1:1) it should be fine, is this correct?

And another thing:

Should I flash the bios starting with the first revision, and then the next and next, etc.... or should I just skip all the other stuff and flash the latest? Will the latest revision fix all the other bugs too? Thanks, I know I'm a pest.

I'm running a ILSR and a 2500+ Barton at 2205Mhz (3200 speeds) 200Mhz FSB is all I changed to get these results. Didn't tweek any voltages at all. I'm also running the HyperX 2700 memory (not in dual channel) at 333Mhz (2-2-2-6).

Hope that helps, if I had it to do over... even though my set-up is stable and has all the options I need... I'd go with the Abit rev2 /shrug

did you have to use the "wire trick" or anything else to unlock, or just start moving the FSB?

i tried to get the abit rev2 nf7-s, but i got a better deal on this setup. oh well. anyone else?

Kingston HyperX has been hit or miss with MSI's NForce 2 boards. some run it fine others cant, luck of the drawl i guess. Always run your ram 1:1 with Nforce 2 chipset as performance will still increase even if you underclock your ram.
200X11 = 2200MHz is the best setup i have used so far.

Wow,

I'm not having any problems so far. But I just cant get the 200fsb. It's just not stable. And it lags a lot at windows startup. Weird.

try upping the Vcore to 1.70 and see if you can hit 200 if not i know 1.72 will with 11 multi but dont know your cooling setup. Also maby drop the multi a bit and try that, 200X10 might keep you stable with out any Vcore change.

Yeah, I'm using the Thermalright slk800. It's pretty cool setup. Your 2100 is ~smokin~. I bet thats ready to burn up too!

Thanks for the reply's.

Anybody know why it lags at startup when o/c'd?

Na my 2100 is 100% stable and only running 115F under heavy load (119F if i leave it on heavy load for 4 or 5 hours) It was about 85% stable at 2400Mhz but Vcore is a bit jumpy on the K7N2 series and its fine at 1.8v but if it jumps down to 1.79 i crash right now im at 200X11.5 Vcore at 1.75v and never crashed

I have read that the 2100+ overclocks almost as good at the 1700+ if you get the t-Bred B 2100+ im starting to wonder if thats what i have. I have had it around 6 months

I've got a 2100 sitting on a shelf, but it wont OC at all. I think I need a board that auto-unlocks it, or just buy an unlocking kit.

Save your money just use the wire trick. Take a small peice of wire like the wire inside of an ide cable is what i used and connect the 2 pins and TADA overclock away. It will say something like 500MHz if you did if correct. Here is a pick of the 2 pins to connect.
socket.jpg

REALLY? That worked on your 2100? I saw that, but was afraid to try - you know, sticking metal in a high frequency, high cost electronic processor didnt sound right to me. But it really works, huh?

Yep it works and also AMD cant tell that you overclocked it b/c you didnt mod it any and you can return it is you mess it up

Oh yeah, the CPU's on ebay right now at only $20. Search for it, I forgot my link... post it in a minute.

after running 3dmark2001 a few times with this 2100@2200MHz and the bartons scores at 2200Mhz there is only a very very little diff less than 100pts. But on PCmark2002 there is about 200pts on the CPU total. Both CPUs were tested with 200FSB, I personaly think that the 2100+ runs better and faster than the 2500+

Back