• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IS7-E BIOS update to 1.14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jnewlin

Anyone have any ideas why when I flash my BIOS to 1.14 or 1.13, Windows 98SE refusses to boot up?

My system has Windows 98SE and RedHat Linux on it. (IDE drive if that matters). I'm using Grub to bootup the system. Under BIOS 1.11 it boots up fine. Everytime I flash it to 1.13 or 1.14, it will boot up to Grub but will not show the Windows splash screen. Linux will continue to boot up fine. What I'm I doing wrong?

Also try to disable the Hyper Threading. I don't think it would help to have it running on 98.. From what I've learned it works with XP and NT..But I could be mistaken, I'm a newb at this..

Thanks for the replies.

I tried to disable last two options in the "Game Accelator" section, did not help. Must be compat problem with GRUB since, I can boot up a Win98 floppy then run WIN.COM manually.

I can't seem to find anywhere in the BIOS to disable the hyper-threading. Where is that?

If I am not mistaken you will not have the HT option with your P4 1.8A as I think it is only active with the P4 Cs

Since you can get into your main bios settings page, try using the 'optimized settings' and see what happens. I would also completely turn off GAT, and also Hyperthreading since the 1.8 doesn't support it.

jnewlin said:
Must be compat problem with GRUB since, I can boot up a Win98 floppy then run WIN.COM manually.
I suspect you may be right, as I have no issues using 98se with those BIOS revs.

New BIOS from ABit fixed my problem! yeah!:) Running version 15 now. Used FlashMenu to Flash it, it worked great!

Back