• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any other heater cores/radiators like this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gbcue

Registered
This radiator seems to best fit my case. It uses two 80mm fans, which I have already in my case for cooling it. But it is costly, $64 and has (3/8)" barbs. Are there any subsitutes? I can't find anything close to this at the HC database.

Is it actually hard to change it from 3/8" to 1/2"?

Looks way overpriceed. If the tubing though it is 3/8" then just changin the barbs wouldn't help much.

That is why I'm looking for something similar, that is CHEAPER and USES 1/2" barbs.

I looked long and far for one that was like this because it wasn't released yet when I was buying my stuff and couldn't find one. The only one that came close was a 1/4" connect one and a duel 92mm one I found from a website in the UK and it was more than the rad to ship it to the U.S. Actually the price isn't all that bad but any item that has the Black Ice tag on it will drag the cost up a ton. I even looked at local radiator/air conditioning shop catalogs and found nothing that came close so the price raise is from custom designing. I mean a standard heatercore that everyone uses will run you 25+ dollars and a double runs even more. I say if it fits use it, with this I wouldn't have had to mod my case any and thats worth it to me.

Yes, it is expensive, but I don't know where else I can put the radiator, except the top, which would cause me to cut another hole in my computer. (I already cut the two exhaust and the 1 front intake).

Where are they available for 20? I searched autozone and the camry one is $110, and I don't know which GEO you are talking about...

Is it possible to mount a pump sideways?

Go to your local auto parts shop and have the guy let you take a look at his book with all the heatercores in it and try to find one that works best for you =).

directron.com has those for $49 (they're black in the pic tho).

I had planned on getting an old heatercore, but there were no HCs in the database that had the dimensions I was looking for and the BIM2 was so incredibly perfect I just had to buy it (especially since it costs the same as the BIM1).

Last edited:
Back