• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte Board + TT Volcano 9?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emberghost

I just ordered a TT Volcano 9 for my amd 2700 and as I look at the size of it and my mobo it looks like it won't fit....I have a Gigabyte nforce 2 board model 7n400. Does anybody with this same board have any idea whether a Volcano 9 would fit in it? I would really appreciate the help. The reason I dont just pop my old stock cpu heatsink and fan is I never have before and don't feel comftorable doing it. I will take it into a local shop to have them do it but I don't really want to get there just for them to tell me it won't fit. Thx in advance.

Ya I got it in, but it touches some of those cylindrical things by the processor....is that ok?

If you can bend the Caps slightly so they are not touching it would be better. The reason for this is that you may be getting vibration from the HSF transferring to the caps and that could eventually damage them.
Hood

same problem on the GA7VT600 that i'm about to return..the V9 touches/pushes on the capacitors around the socket....lousy design there...

Back